Question: Adominal pain lower left side ...?

misshorn - Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:16 pm

I have had adominal pain on my lower left side for the last month. Itts about a hand length from my hip bone. It's not serve pain but it is enough to drive me crazy. So, please someone give me some advise. I don't have health insurance so I don't want to go the doctor if it isn't important.

Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:35 pm

User avatar Dear misshorn,
Abdominal pain is a nonspecific symptom for many medical conditions. That is why a lot more information about the character of the pain is always needed to reach the daiagnois. These informations include:
the site, the time of onset, duration of pain or the course of the pain, nature of pain e. g. dull, crampy etc, and any associted symptom or possible precipitating factor.

In general pain felt in the left side of the abdomen as you mentioned can be due to many causes including:
Excess gas and distension
Indigestion
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Renal problems
Diverticulitis, similar to appendicitis but on the left side.
Colitis
Recurrent Abdominal pain can be a somatization for emotional or psycholigical peoblems.

Only by complete history, physical examination and investigations , the correct diagnosis can be reached. I advise you to be checked by your doctor.

|