News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Should I be concerned?

cubfan - Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:50 pm

In Feb 05 I had a bowel resection. According to the pathologist, it was diverticulitis. The surgen seemed to think it may eventually turn into crohn's. I have had diarreha off and on for about 2 months. I believe it's from the amount of fiber I have been eating. I have also had bright red blood to faint pink on the toliet paper after a bowel movement. The last few days it seems like there has been more blood than in the past. Should I be concerned with the blood? I've also noticed some pieces of food not being fully digested...specifically red peppers. Other than the diarreha and blood, I have had no other symptoms.

Thanks for your response.
 Jackie E. Pool, LPN - Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:10 am

User avatar You are right to be concerned. Bright red blood usually means active bleeding, however only a doctor can tell where you are bleeding from. It could be as simple as irritation from increased bowel movements, or something more serious, such as Diverticuili bleeding.It certainly warrants a visit to your doctor.

As for the undigested food, certain fiber will not digest in people with your condition. You should ask your doc for a list of fruits and veggies you may eat.

Hope this is helpful.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here