Question: Trouble Swallowing(painful)

Feros - Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:24 pm

So a few days ago I was eating some chicken fajitas and I had this pain in my chest (as I swallowed) and now I am having trouble swallowing at every meal and it seems to be getting worse as swallowing is painful now. Now understand I havnt had this problem before and it came out of no where as I ate. It feels like there is something stuck in my throat and it just cant get dislodged it any ideas what this might be and how I might get rid of it short of going to the doctor or is a doctors visit necessary? I have temporary health coverage and I really don't want to have to use it if I can avoid it.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:31 am

User avatar Hi Feros,
I realize that you don't want to go to the doctor but I would suggest that you do so. Many conditions may cause a "lump in the throat" feeling such as anxiety, stress, GERD, hiatal hernia's, esophogeal disorders etc. Again, especially since your symptoms seem to be worsening, call your physician for an evaluation.

|