News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Liver Diseases

Question: gall stones

red88346 - Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:41 am

can you tell me the systoms of gall stones
 Dr. Russell M - Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:51 pm

User avatar Hi!

Most gall stones are asymptomatic. Biliary colic, i.e., pain in the epigastrium of the abdomen, just below the chest in front, or pain on the right side of upper abdomen, which lasts from 1 to 5 hours, and which goes to the shoulder may suggest gall stones.

A usual phrase that goes with gall stones is... "fat fair fertile flatulant female of forty" ... i.e., obesity, white, pregnant, belching-passing gas, females, perienopausal age group are all associated with symptoms of gall stones.

Hope this helps,

Warm regards,

-Bill

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here