News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Pain where incision was after gallbladder surgery

amicyco2 - Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:44 am

I had my gallbladder removed in Feb 2005 and still experience pain upper right quadrant area of my surgical scar. It feels like someone is stabbing me and the scar itself is tender. Is it possible that scar tissue is building up inside and causing the pain or could it be something else. I'm really confused and fed up with the pain after going through hell with a post surgical infection (staph) that almost killed me. I just want to be pain free.

Thank you
Lin-Lin
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:33 am

User avatar Hi amicyco2,
My question for you is have you had an evaluation? Tenderness for a short amount of time after a surgical procedure is quite common. However, taking into consideration that several months have passed and you are still experiencing significant pain I would suggest that you call your physician for an evaluation to rule out any anomalies such as, for example, adhesions or gallstones trapped in the common bile duct, etc.
Sincerely,
Rntdj

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here