Question: Pain where incision was after gallbladder surgery

amicyco2 - Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:44 am

I had my gallbladder removed in Feb 2005 and still experience pain upper right quadrant area of my surgical scar. It feels like someone is stabbing me and the scar itself is tender. Is it possible that scar tissue is building up inside and causing the pain or could it be something else. I'm really confused and fed up with the pain after going through hell with a post surgical infection (staph) that almost killed me. I just want to be pain free.

Thank you
Lin-Lin
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:33 am

User avatar Hi amicyco2,
My question for you is have you had an evaluation? Tenderness for a short amount of time after a surgical procedure is quite common. However, taking into consideration that several months have passed and you are still experiencing significant pain I would suggest that you call your physician for an evaluation to rule out any anomalies such as, for example, adhesions or gallstones trapped in the common bile duct, etc.

|