News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Stomach pain

karen78 - Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:16 pm

Hi there,

I am suffering stomach pain when I do not eat on time or when I eat too little than I should eat. I have not much appetide. I only have appetide to eat when I eat sour, hot and spicy food. I feel nausea after I take oily food. I can not eat too much, can not eat too little because it will make me suffer such pain. I will be ok after I lay on my belly on bed and fart later. Sometimes, I ate a lot as I still feel hungry and unable to feel full. Later, stomach started to feel so pain.

Is there anything wrong with my stomach?

Please help. Thanks
 Dr. L. Chu Go - Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:07 am

Hello karen78,

you most likely are suffering from dyspepsia. the best medication for your condition is to eat on time. don't skip meals. avoid spicy, sour or high caffeine containing foods for 1 week.

if ever you have hunger pangs/attacks in between meals, you can eat finger foods/snacks (soda crackers or cookies,etc)

as for medications, you can take antacids (aluminum magnesium hydroxide) 30 minutes before meals (3x a day) and 1 before you go to bed for a duration of 2 weeks or more.

MD

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here