Question: Please help explain, My Dr. Hasn't

TomR1972 - Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:04 am

I have had stomach pain upper middle to left side with some cramping and sharp pains at time. My gastro wanted to do a abdominal ultrasound and then a endoscopy. After the Abdominal Ultrasound the results noted the follwoing:

"There is an anomalous vascular structure noted in the central liver in the left lobe region adjacent to the falciform ligament which on the color Doppler views, appears to be an anomalous connection between the portal venous system and hepatic veins. This is of uncertain significance and may well be incidental. I would recommend an abdominal Ct with intravenous contrast for further characterization and to exclude additonal anomalies."

So needless to say I had my Ct scan and I was told by the ct tech that it may be 2 or 3 scans. I only needed two cause he said he got good scans and then proceeded to tell me that, " I don't know how to read these things but it looked good to me". Well I hope thats reassuring but cant trust a Ct Tech. He also noted that if there were something big found they would have done a 3rd scan.

****Can anyone give me some insight on the anomalous vascular structure thing and if it has a good chance to be the BIG C?

****Any thoughts on the news from the Ct tech and if its worth lisening to?

*****I have had with this stomach pain very yellow pasty stools that look like bendable pieces of pencil. I hear that yellow means some kind of bile blockage possibly but non of that is noted on the ultra sound. Could this anomalous abnormality be something bigger causing a blockage of my bile? They said I have mild diffuse fatty liver not due to alcohal as well. Any thoughts?

**** When laying down my stomach feels better, once up sitting standing etc it gives me a dull ache. I first noted something outside of just a dull stomach ache when cleaning out my car and leaning over the seat there was a feeling of pressure under my ribcage as if there was something there. Now when I push firmaly just under the center of my ribcage I get a funny feeling that feels like it shoots to my belly button and it lingers. Any thoughts?

******Last question for now and sorry for the length of this just trying to be thorough. I've had for 15 year but far worse now a shard sudden feeling of my stomach dropping followed by me having to burp or force a burp out to relieve this. Its as if I have a spasm somewhere in my stomach region and I am involuntarily told I must burp. Any significance to that? Usually happens right after eating?

Once again if you take the time to read this and try to make sense of it I send out a great sincere THANK YOU! I know you do not have to waste your time on here but probably choose to do so and for that its very much appreciated by me.

Thanks,

Tom R
 TomR1972 - Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:18 am

I asked the dr about the significance of the anomalous vasular structure towards anything serious and he wouldnt say. Yet later he tells me you are born with it, the ultrasound tech told me its due to many biopsies"notme" or a blunt force trauma to the area"could have happend". Well so as I leave the Dr's office then he says that since he's alerted to this "birth defect" that its now his responsibility to determine how vast this situation may be. I take that as saying if I know of this situation and I don't follow through to document this in my file then if i was to have a problem down the road and require surgery and something happend they may find him liable for not following thru. Then when i search the net on this issue I see cancer related to this. Thats why I don't understand the significance of this situation. He didnt seem concerned by my abdominal ultrasound results but its his job to be cool and not disclose what he doesnt know. He then realized i hadnt had any blood work and wanted to do a blood panel to verify that my kidneys could handle the intravenous dye. Yet i get no call back saying everything was ok. So I call and the lady at the desk says its ok and I then ask her if the test was solely for this ct procedure and she said no but that it all came back good. Yet I know he didnt do a full panel on me so I am lost to what he may have tested for outside of my kidney function. So while trying to set up the ct scan he asked when i was available I told hiim whenever unless its a couple weeks out. He then says I don't want to wait on this it will be done in a week. So he goes from not a big deal i.e born with it to I can't tell you if its bad to we need to get this test done quick. I hope in these two posts you can make out my confusion and worry. I would hope for some insight other than well wait for the results of the Ct scan this wednesday the 21st.

Thanks again sorry my mind is running like crazy,

Tom R

|