News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Sharp pain in lower right side of abdomen

annad - Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:37 am

I am a 27 year old female and two years ago began to feel a very sharp, stabbing pain in the lower right side of my abdomen, quite near to my hip bone. I had some tests to rule out gynaecological issues. The pain petered out and I forgot about it, but recently it has returned, perhaps more severely. It is usually very painful for about 30 minutes, but can begin up to two hours before, and increasingly get more painful. After it subsides, I am able to go to the toilet. The pain is always in the same area, and occurs sometimes daily, sometimes only once or twice a month. Please help!
 krissyleewicked - Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:00 pm

HI Annad-

I am not a doctor..I am actualy a dietitian but I have worked in hospitals for years and have learned a lot recently from my own health issues ( which I am still trying to get resolved). I know sometimes the right lower abdomen can signifiy appendicitis, you might want to discuss having an Xray or CT scan with your primary care MD. Also it can be ovarian, which I found out..I ended up having an ultrasound where they found a cyst..so if it persists you could discuss this with your doc. My best advice is continue to address it and discuss options with your doc. If you have any diarrhea or constipation with it you might want to consult a gastroenterologist or let your doc know about this as well.

Hope u feel better.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here