News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: pain in stomache just under right rib cage

 brandynmark - Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:17 am

i am 24 yrs old female with 3 previous c sections and i am experiencing pain to the touch under my right rib cage and under right breast. i can not stand any pressure at all there i constantly have burning in my throat after meals and sharp stabbing pains and during intercousre the pressure of my partner leaning on me hurts and it feels as if something is moving up under my right breast i have constant shoulder pain also please help me what could this be? thanks bran
 DeLWolcott - Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:47 am

There are too many possibilities of causes for this to be answered here. You need to make an appointment with your physician so that he/she can evaluate from where exactly the pain is originating. This area could involve gall bladder, or liver - just to name a couple.

I wish you the best!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions
advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application


Useful Sites


Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2017
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here