Question: What's wrong w/ above my lip and what can I do?(PICS INSIDE)

JustAnotherVictim1 - Sun Jan 18, 2004 11:39 am

Hey, A few days ago I had like a pimple like thing on my upper lip and it didn't look go so I tried popping it because I had a Basketball Game to go to...So I rubbed it and popped it and it started bleeding and I was at the Game so I had Rough Paper Towel and I kept on Wiping up the blood with the Paper Towel...and I don't know if it was because the Paper Towel was too rough or what not but I now have a rash like chappness below my nose and above my lip...it is dry and rough feeling and it has an Irretating feeling...here are some pictures of what I have...What can I do to get rid of it (I have school tomm. so I might need to stay home?)

ImageImageImage
 Dr. Russell M - Sun Jan 18, 2004 11:00 pm

User avatar Hi!

I feel herpes viral infection of the lips to be the cause [Herpes labialis]. Otherwise called cold sores or fever blisters, this is a self-limiting condition with no cause for alarm. Various antiviral drugs in the form of ointments as well as pills are available for shortening the course of symptoms, and preventing dissemination and transmission. This might take a week or so to heal.

I could be wrong but, and strongly advise that there is no substitute for clinical examination preferably by a dermatologist.

Warm regards,

Bill

|