Question: chronic abdominal pain, etc.

ppsofdasun - Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:39 pm

Hello. I am a 18 year old white male. For about 8 years now I have had a recurring pain in my lower right side. It is tough to distinguish if it is muscular or otherwise, but pushing on the area, touching, etc. doesnt help or make it any worse. The pain comes and goes and usually lasts for a few hours. It happens pretty often for a week or two and then seems to leave for a few weeks, sometimes a month or more. It is quite painful, and is not realived by going to the bathroom, moving positions etc; but doesnt seem to get worse with these either. There are a few things I would like to note, however. I do urinate often. Quite often. I usually go every hour, with the exception of when Im sleeping (I don't wake up at all during the night). I am overweight for my height and age, I weigh about 215 pounds and I am about 6 feet tall. Also, I went ti the doctors for this pain several years ago quite a few times. Every time appendicits was ruled out and I was sent home, they claimed it was muscular every time but did not specify. One doctor said it was growing pains. Also, I have had Acid reflux for several years, perhaps as long. For most of my life I had heartburn nearly constantly all day. About a year ago I finally complained enough to be sent to a GI. an endoscopy was done, and I was told I have esophogitis. I have been taking prilosec OTC for about a year, and if taken properly I do not have heartburn anymore. I'm sorry this is so long, I wanted to provide enough info to make some sort of suggestion or diagnosis. Thank you for your time.
 ppsofdasun - Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:25 pm

I should note: I only mentioned the acid reflux incase it was related, I don't really have any questions about that.
 ppsofdasun - Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:20 pm

anyone.....please?
 ppsofdasun - Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:26 pm

should i give up?
 ppsofdasun - Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:55 pm

HELP ME
 ppsofdasun - Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:55 am

this is insane. no one has any advice? i have been banking on you guys for months
 Onelildarlin2u - Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:15 am

Abdominal pain could be caused by several things. I'm not a doctor but your esophogitis is really not anything too abnormal for those that have bad heart burn. (I have it to). The only advice I have is that you need to be seen by a gastro doctor and have a colonoscopy done. Colonoscopy can help rule out Chron's, IBS, and Colitis which are just a few things that you may have. Please call your doctor and make an appt. I'm sorry I wish I could have been of more help. By the way, have you had a CAT scan or MRI done?
 ppsofdasun - Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:23 am

no, no MRI or CAT scan.....

I have been to the gastro and had an endoscopy done, that is all. I will ask about the colonoscopy. I am due back for another appt. I was on prilosec twice a day for almost a year and protonix once a day for the last few months and while they help the heartburn I still feel like all the food gets stuck in my neck and chest and I feel like I am having a heart attack. It seems to be getting worse at times...

|