Question: Red balls in Stool

beegirl25 - Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:00 pm

About two weeks ago I noticed what looked like a cherry pit in my stool (slightly larger than a pea and deep red in color). I thought it was something I ate but since then I have noticed it about four or five more times and can’t correlate it with any food. It isn’t every time I go to the bathroom just once in awhile. I don’t really have any other symptoms but have had diarrhea twice since I first noticed it. I have tried searching online but can’t seem to find anything with this symptom. Do you think that it could be a parasite of some kind and should I see my doctor?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:51 am

User avatar Hi beegirl25,
Are you certain that this wasn't clots of blood? You should have an evaluation by your physician to identify the causative factor especially if it's persisting.