Question: stomach gets bigger during the day

Easttexan - Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:47 am

For the last couple weeks my stomach gets bigger after each meal, or liquid that I drink, by the end of the day I look 6 mos.pregant ( I have never had a stomach).
It starts under my breast and stops at the top of my pelvis, I have had a CT ultrasound, and blood work, my colon is clean.
Twice I thought about going to ER, I felt that stomach was going to bust.
I was given Zelmomn to take twice a day, it doesn't seem to help.
I do have IBS,if that makes a difference.
Any information will be appreciated, I am miserable.

Easttexan
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:00 pm

It is posible that your symptoms are part of Irritable Bowel Syndrome IBS (you mentione that have been diagnosed with).

Commonly people who have IBS complain of
Abdominal pain or colic
A bloated abdomen
Either Diarrhea or Constipation or an alternating between both of them

Stress and infections in the GI tract increase the frequency and the severity of IBS symptoms in almost all cases. Indeed

Symptoms of IBS are non specific and occur in many disorders like GERD, Gastritis, etc. Indeed Helicobacter pylori infection can cause similar symptoms. But they may also aggravate an already present condition like IBS.

Observe your habits and any associated changes in your symptoms accordingly may help in identifying the main cause.

|