News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: bad cramps,can't go poo, throwing up, touch hurts

kn846mr - Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:06 am

3 days ago my boyfriend felt poo cramps, and it hurt when he pressed on this tender spot (under the xiphoid process) of his torso. I gave him some pepto, he was able to go soild poo but the cramps have remained, the soreness spot hasn't moved, still in the same place and he has been throwing up now. I thought the lump of poo (pain under the Xiphoid process) was just stuck but it should of moved a liittle by now, right? I gave him papaya enzyme to calm his tummy but he threw that up. What cold be wrong? I am worried that the poo might be poisining him just sitting there or is there something else going on? PLease help, we are going on 3 days now and I am running out of ideas. We don't have insurance, but if this is seriou then just constipation I will take hime.

Thank you so much
 Nurse4you - Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:58 pm

Dear kn846mr-
This could be one of many things. Your boyfriend could have an intestinal blockage, which, left untreated, can be very serious. He could also have appendicitis or cholecyctitis ( gall bladder inflammation)
I understand you say he doesn't have insurance, but it is important he be seen by a physician. Use your local phone book, or call a county hospital to find out if there is a free clinic he could go to be evaluated at as soon as possible. Thanks!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here