Question: Soft Stool

carter1551 - Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:40 pm

When going to the bathroom my stool is really soft and it often takes a long time to go. I feel as if I really have to use the restroom and when I get there I will just go a small amount. I usually have to wait another 5 minutes or so before being able to go anymore. It is always in small amounts and is always soft, this is very annoying, especially at school when Im in the bathroom for 15 minutes.

Could the problem be that maybe im not getting enough fiber?
 Nurse4you - Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:51 pm

Dear carter1551-
When you say soft stool, are you referring to diarrhea?
Have you been under stress or worried about something? I do recommed an increaase in fiber content in your diet, fruits, whole grains, bran cereal (YUM) vegetables..
Also, you may try something like Benefiber or Metamucil daily and see if that helps.
I can't diagnose, but it is possible you could have IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome).
Please see your doctor, as there are many treatments for this, and a lot of times it is worse with stress.
Hope this helps!
 carter1551 - Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:38 pm

it is not diharrea, it is very controllable but is extremely soft and it takes a long time to relieve myself. Im not under any extra stress and my diet has not changed, This just started happening about a month ago, before that I never really had any problems like this

|