News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: right side abdominal pain

poetchick25 - Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:49 pm

On Monday at 6 in the morning I woke up with my stomach hurting just a bit around my belly button. I went to throw up, but there was nothing in my stomach, so I was just dry heaving. On Tuesday my stomach hurt worse, still around my belly button area. Wednesday the pain moved to my right side, but more in the middle of my right side. Approximately an inch above my belly button and two inches to the right. Today it is still hurting, and it is worse. I have been feeling naseaus this whole time, and so I have eaten very little. I have made sure that I drink tons of water. I did not have a bowel movement at all yesterday, and I finally had one today. It was a very little bit, and now my right side is hurting much worse. It hurts when I press on it, but not enough to make me gasp in pain. It hurts more when I am walking and laughing, than it does when I am lying down. I have had a low grade fever, but that is always hard to tell as my normal temperture is a low 97.0 fahernhiet. I am only 16, and my mom seems to think it might be a yeast infection, as I was on antibiotics last week for bronchitis. I am not sure if she is right, and I am wondering if something more serious is going on. My mom is the, lets wait and see type, but I have been reading and it seems as if waiting when you have abdominal pain that is getting worse, is the wrong thing to do. What is wrong with me????
 sojoedeck - Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:36 pm

There is a little trick a Surgeon told me when my daughter was having a problem with her apendix. Jump up and down, like your jump ropping, if the pain is unbearable it could be you have apendicites. When I say unbearable, its the worse pain you could ever have and find it difficult to stand streight up.

The other thing is, lay down flat on the bed, have your mom take her hand and push streight down on your right side, as deep as she can, and when she lets go fast, if the pain is worse when she lets go, then when she pushed in, thats another way to know you might have apendicites.

Either way, if you don't feel right, and the pain does not get better go see your Doc, or go to the ER. A simple blood test known as a "white blood count" if its elevated, there's an infection somewhere in your body, and with the pain your having and if the white count is elevated, he may ask for an ultra sound to be sure.

Hope u get it figured out
Sojoe

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here