News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: help I am so scared... burning fluid leaking in abdomen??

barbmill711 - Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:19 pm

HI-

Looking for some help please. I am a 35 yr old woman, with a thin frame. I have been having unexplainable abdominal pain for a year now that is associated with eating..occurs about 30-45 min after and a dull pain that has become constant. I also have nausea with it. My only other symptom was some blood in the stool intermittently in which they found a small rectal ulcer.
Finally after multiple exams the doctor thinks i may have biliary dyskinesia. I saw a surgeon 3 days ago who sent me for a HIDA scan ..I will follow up with him in 3 more days for my results. Anyway..since I saw him my pain has taken a strange turn and has become A BURNING PAIN MOSTLY ON RIGHT SIDE..THAT goes around the the right flank and everytime I eat it feels like burning fluid is leaking down the front of my abdomen and down my back...it happens after I eat or drink. it literally feels like it is "DRIPPING:I am so scared but I don't want to go to the ER and I don't have a fever and no vomiting..just noted my pulse has been about a 100. Any suggestions??? could this be serious????
 DName - Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:40 am

hi,
I am medical student from Croatia, and your simptoms go with diagnose that your doctor made,you stated that since your last visit your simptoms have gone worse. Make shure that you take a diet that he/she recomended, especialy the part concerning lipids and other fat, your biliary tract, because of its dyskinesia, probably can not deliver as much bile as digestion of certain lipids and fat needs. If the pain and symptoms continue please contact your MD.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here