News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Reoccurring Nausia - Please Help

Brian28 - Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:31 am

Please help!!

During the last three months I been getting bouts of extreme nausa that usually last for a minimum of 12 hours. They usually start in the moirning or evening and involve me renching but not actually being sick.

This has happened three times now almost one moth between each episode. The Nausia is very intense and anti sickness tablets do not seem to have much effect, my stomache also feels very bloated at the time.

Any advice you may have would be much appreciated.

Many thanks
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:06 am

User avatar Hi Brian28,
Are the episodes of extreme nausea brought on by any specific foods that you have noticed? Do you have any other symptoms, pain, etc.?
Sincerely,
Rntdj
 Brian28 - Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:16 pm

Hi Rntd

Thanks for your response. I havent really noticed any certain types of food the last things I can remember eating before two of the episodes was sausage, egg & chips & the other time was a jacket potato with tuna.

I try to generally eat healthy and execrise a few times a week. I do eat a few few dairy products.

Not really any pain apart from the next day when the nausea has gone my stomache feels a bit tender but assumed this was down to the renching

Thanks again
 Theresa Jones, RN - Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:35 am

User avatar Hi Brian28,
If symptoms of nausea, etc. occurs after eating foods particularly high in fat content "greasy foods" then I would be inclinded to first consider gallbladder dysfunction. I would suggest an evaluation by your physician to identify if this is the causative factor.
Sincerely,
Rntdj

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here