Forum Name: Liver Diseases

Question: White Liver Spot

camara - Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:12 pm

I went to see the doctor recently because i generally feel nauseaus, and my doctor didnt see anything wrong apart from a white spot on my liver - although he said it was nothing.

I was just wondering if it could be anything more than that, or is it really nothing to worry over?

Any responses appreciated...
 Dr. Wafaa Abdel-Hadi - Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:32 pm

Dear Camara,

How old are you? and are you being treated for liver disease or this is the first time?The white spot , did he see it via ultra sound or a CT-scan?

if it is your first time...then you should do Liver function tests,and alpha feto protein level in your blood.

It could be from as simple as hemangioma (collection of blood in your liver...benign and not to worry about)....to a focal lesion. So please provide me with more details so i can try and help you.

|