Question: post operable intestinal fistula draining

esther26 - Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:42 pm

I am writing to you about a male friend of mine who is 55. He had stomach cancer over last 2 years. 90% of stomach cut away about 1 1/2 years ago. The cancer is now cleared. But has had complications ever since, has not able to eat for long time lost a lot of weight which made him very week.
had to have a colonoscopy 4 months ago
• Has had :?: for over 2 months
• And now in addition has Fistula draining at ostomy site where (colonoscopy was done)

I understand that these Fistulas do sometimes occur post operable but don’t usually last so long. My friend is very week and ill needs urgent help. Can anyone suggest a specialist who has extensive experience with these types of fistulas?
 esther26 - Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:54 pm

This is the correct post I am writing to you about a male friend of mine who is 55. He had stomach cancer over last 2 years. 90% of stomach cut away about 1 1/2 years ago. The cancer is now cleared. But has had complications ever since, has not able to eat for long time lost a lot of weight which made him very week.
had to have a colonoscopy 4 months ago
• Has had Intestinal fistula draining for over 2 months