Question: SEVERE stomach pain with no cause. Please Help.

appoline - Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:40 pm

Hi, my boyfriend has been experiencing severe stomach pain for about six months now. He's had several tests, cat scans, blood tests, an endoscopy, a colonoscopy, and a barrium small bowel series, but nothing is showing up for the cause of his pain. The doctors have supposedly ruled out the major stomach organs, like his appendix, kidneys, and so on. And the scopes didn't show anything there. On top of that he's lost some weight and his stomach is very sore to the touch around his belly button and extends outwards. It even looks swollen. The doctors also have ruled out hernias and ulcers. We're both very worried. He's taking depakote and seroquel and has decided that he won't give up until they find out what's wrong. I was hoping maybe someone here had some insight or could point us the right direction for what to do next. I don't think he's had an MRI yet, would that show something? A reply would be very much appreciated. Thank You.
 appoline - Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:45 pm

I'm sorry for posting twice but I forgot to add that he was put on a no gluten diet that didn't help, and does not have diarrhea or constipation. Along with the pain he's got sever nausea, but can't seem to vomit - he just dry heaves. He still eats when he needs to, but can't eat much before the nausea kicks in more. I know the stomach pain is constant all the time and never goes away; the nausea has grown increasingly worse but I don't think it bothers him as badly all the time. I think it's always there but sometimes is worse than others. Again sorry for the double post but I wanted to add that. Thank You.

|