News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: my stomach always hurts

karategirl - Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:24 pm

I have been feeling sick everyday for 3 years and i don't know what it could be. i've seen a few diffrent doctors and had a barrium x-ray and blood tests.I take a few gravos every day to help ease the pain and sometimes pepto-bismol. Most of the time the pain is after i eat and feels like a full stomach and when i try to burp its acid or i cant burp at all.It hurts everyday.I also am constantly having irregular bowel movements and some time i don't go for 5 days. My doctor couldent find anything that was wrong with me so he said it was anxiety and im seeing a phycologist, although i do suffer from fears of vomiting i don't think thats why i feel sick all the time.I usually have pain in my abdomonals and bloating.Im 13 and have been living with this for 3 years.does anyone know what this could be?
 Dorianne - Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:03 pm

Hello my niece is 8 years old and she is having severe stomach pains. Her pains started about 3 months ago and has not eased up since. She describes her pain as being on the lower left side of her abdomen and it feels like "burning and peircing" pains. She has every test imaginable and the GI doctor says she has IBS, acid reflux and lactose intolerant. The medications they have her on, pepcid, pepto, nexium, and levsin does nothing. She has missed several days of school because the pain is so intense. I need help please. I need to know if we are on the right track or if we should be looking for something else. Please someone, anyone respond. Thank you.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here