Question: Sex during menstrual cycle - pregnant?

reemani - Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:43 pm

Hi doctors and nurses,
I will start with my problem immediately.

Yesterday me and my fiance we had an outercourse where i didn't take off my underware because of my menses (second day of menses) but he exposed part of my bottocks and ejaculate there :oops:
And when I went to clean up I found some of his semen on my bottocks and absorbed by the pad posteriorly closely to the anus.

I am virgin and my second day of period which I think am still in menstrual phase
but please help me am really afraid and panicking.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely yours,
Reeman
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:00 pm

User avatar Hello Reemani,

The pre-ovulatory relatively infertile phase is a variable number of infertile days during and after menstruation. During this phase the follicle is still maturing and the cervical mucus is thick and impenetrable to sperm. The problem with the pre-ovulatory phase is that is variable in length and one cannot know for sure when the fertile phase will start. Sperm can survive in fertile mucus awaiting ovulation for up to 7 days waiting for the ovum to be released. Unprotected sex during the pre-ovulatory period is still risky for those wanting to avoid.

On the other hand, sperm may be contained in the small amount of lubricating fluid a man releases prior to ejaculation. For this reason genital contact or withdrawal method (‘being careful‘) could cause pregnancy if fertile mucus is present at the vaginal entrance.

I know this doesn't sound too consoling, the way you described it the risk is minimal but not altogether impossible in what would be a very rare situation. There is probably nothing to worry about but please be careful next time.

|