News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: prolonged bleeding after childbirth

marleymum - Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:08 am

im 32 and 8 weeks ago had my 3rd baby by (3rd)caesarian section, i hadn a early postpartum haemorrhage since then ive been bleeding sometimes very heavy some times just spotting i am also breastfeeding, ive had an ultrascan to check if there is any parts of the placenta left and was given the all clear. i had an staph A infection on my scar which was treated with antibiotics, i know its not right to bleed for this long especially with breast feeding what could the reason be?
 MaryAnn N, RN - Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:33 am

User avatar You are right that it is not normal to have heavy bleeding this far after child birth. If it is spotting it may have to do more with homronal ups and downs It takes awhile for normal menstral cycles to stabilize after childbirth. Even longer if you are breastfeeding. Did your doctor do any blood tests to rule out any bleeding disorders?

MaryAnnRN

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here