Question: Irregular Periods.. HELP..

MoonlitOrchid - Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:49 pm

Im 29 years old. When I was 21 I had my son, and after he was born i found out that I had mild cervical dysplasia. I had to have Pap's done every month for a year and when they said it cleared up, I just stopped going. I haven't been to the gyno since, and yes, I know I need to.

Well, my cycles are very short. Average of three days and its done, and the flow is not very heavy. Back in June I they started getting more and more irregular, and since June I have had 4 periods, and the last one was so faint that it seemed like my body was just playing a joke on me. I am overweight, and at first I thought I missed one cause of stress but it hasn't gotten normal again. Any idea's on what I should look into just to read up on? I plan on going to the gyno as soon as I find how who takes my insurance.

Thanks!
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:47 pm

I cannot urge you enough to go and see your gynecologist as soon as possible. The presence of abnormal bleeding with a history of cervical dysplasia is a serious condition.

On the other hand, the most causes of irregular bleeding include stress and obesity. It could be that but only after we have excluded a more serious cause.

|