Question: Big lump above vagina

anonymousgirl5 - Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:09 pm

I have a big lump underneath my pubic hair, just above my vagina. When pressed against it, it feels like there's a bone underneath the skin. It's a big lump, it looks like I have a penis when I wear tight pants. I just wanted to ask you anonymously, before I go to the doctor to have it checked out. Is this normal? Should I go see my doctor?

Dr. Tamer Fouad - Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:58 pm

If this has been with you for a long time or if you are uncertain when this problem started then it could just be the mons pubis. Normally there is a pad of fat overlying the bone above the vagina.

Given the limitations of the internet, its probably a better idea to have it checked out.

anonymousgirl5 - Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:16 pm

first of all, thank you for your reply, Dr. Fouad.

Is this curable?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:51 am

You should have it checked out first. If it turns out to be your mons pubis then its normal it doesn't need cure. If it turns out to be something else then you will be treated according to the doctor's diagnosis.

|