News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: i have been bleeding heavily for 2 weeks

lkelley05 - Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:06 pm

this is a bit of a long story but i do need some advice so please bear with me.
i had a medical abortionon december 30th this past year, i went through what seemed to be the norm.
at or around january 27th while having intercourse with my husband i started having severe pain so much so that i went straight to the local emergency room (thinking that one was not related to the other).
they did the usual work up for pelvic pain and discovered during the ultrasound that i had an enlarged uterus and excess tissue in my uterus.
they sent me home with 2 more of the misoprostel tablets to take to encourage my uterus to contract and expel the excess tissue.
nothing happenend with those tablets, no bleeding, no cramping no nothing. yet i was still expiriencing the same pelvic pain that brought me to the ER in the first place.
i then went back to the planned parenthood where i origonally had my medical abortion and they did their own ultrasound and decided that it was a small blood clot that would pass on its own with my next period.
in the mean time i started my first pack of birth control pills (ortho tri-cyclen) on the 18th of january.
on february 2nd i started having what i thought was break-through bleeding and it has not stopped along with cramping each day and night and it is very heavy bleeding along with clotting etc.
so i went back to the planned parenthood and they did another ultrasound and discovered that i have a blood clot the size of a fist or lemon.
they took me off of the ortho tricyclen and started me on ortho novum 1/35 and told me to take 2 a day for the first month and then after the second month go back down to once a day.
and if i don't quit bleeding in the next 7 days then i need to go back.
now for the question:
would you say this is the normal course of treatment under these circumstances or should there be a DNC that i should have i am very concerned as everything seemed to be okay for about 3 weeks after the abortion.
please help, i need some advice and guidance.
 lkelley05 - Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:46 pm

just bumping up for a reply!!!!
 lkelley05 - Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:12 pm

bumping

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here