Question: POSSIBLE MISCARRIAGE

BAMAGRL880 - Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:23 pm

How do I know if I am having a miscarriage? I'm 29 with one child age 3. I'm currently in a serious relationship and do take bith control pills to avoid becoming pregnant. I don't follow the guidelines as well as I should when taking meds that may interfer with my BC pills but otherwise I do as I should. I was on meds that may have interfered this past month. My cycles are usually regular and light only lasting 3 or 4 days. I started my period on time this Tuesday and everything was normal until early this morning. At 3:30am I was flooding. I changed my santitary napkin just for it to be flooded again in a hour or two. This has continued all day. Normally I can go 6 hrs before a need to change my sanitary napkin. I don't want to go to the doctor and them think I'm crazy. But I am RH(-) and I would like to know if I am having a miscarriage or just an extremely rare period. This has never happen before. What do you suggest or feel is going on?
 R. Zein, Pharm D - Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:02 pm

User avatar Dear BAMAGRL880

You have mentioned that your cycle was on time , but since you did not follow rules of second birth control methods while taking other medications and birth control pills, and since you arent sure whether this is in fact your period or miscarriage , one suggestion would be to take a pregnancy test.

Even if you are experiencing miscarriage , it takes few weeks for your body hormones to normalize and adjust to pre-pregnancy levels. So if you were pregnant, your test will be positive.

if the test is negative, it could be just a heavy period, and change many times occur due to enviromental factors, medications, and stress related reasons.

Thank you very much and my best wishes that you feel better soon.

|