News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: lower abnominal discomfort

scarlette - Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:49 pm

Hi there,
I have had lower abdo discomfort for about three days during my ovulation period, I would like to know if this is normal. I just felt as when my period is due.
As if I could feel my whole vagina, I don't know how to explain that, I heard about low and high cervix positions, I'm not sure if that is what I felt.

Thanks for helping me out.

Carry on with the good job.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Fri May 12, 2006 5:21 pm

User avatar Hello,

Mittelschmerz is one-sided lower abdominal pain that occurs in women at or around the time of ovulation. About 20% of women experience mittelschmerz. Mittelschmerz may be felt on one side one month, then switch to the opposite side the next month, or it may be felt on the same side for several months in succession. women who feel this pain may be at an advantage when planning or trying to avoid pregnancy. It may also indicate that the woman is fertile.

If this doesn't sound like the pain you have experienced and it didnt recurr then it was probably coincidental.

Best regards.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here