Question: abnormal discharge/bleeding

DaChef - Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:28 pm

I am a 52 yr old woman and still get regular periods. My last period was 2/8/06. I usually bleed for about 5 days. I do have a fibroid, and in the past have had cervical problems (dysplasia, which was treated with a cone biopsy in the 90's) Now, the question is, I have sometimes used a dildo for sexual stimulation, and recently after doing so I have noticed a mucus and bloody discharge from my vagina. Sometimes the blood is red, other times it is a brownish color. My big fear is that I may be suffering from cervical dysplasia or cancer. I do not bleed after sex with my husband, so is this something I should worry about? Thanks for your help!
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:42 pm

The best thing would be to get examined as soon as possible to rule out cervical dysplasia.