News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Sensitive/Sore Nipples

MidlandsMinx - Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:24 pm

Hi and thank you in advance for any replies.

Ok, I'm a 22 year old Female and for the past nearly 2 weeks my nipples have been sore (but not painful) and very sensitive, my milk ducts have also been more raised up than normal from what I can tell. Normally, they are very flat and very unsensitive.

The last time I had sex was on the 10th of January, but 5 days previous to that my boyfriend at the time and I had an accident with one of the condoms, it split. So obviously I worried tremendously from that point to whether I would become pregnant or not, previously I have been diagnosed with General Anxiety Disorder and Panic Disorder, I also have had stress problems in the past and right now I am going through a stressful period in my life, obviously worrying about my health as well as a few other things.

The period I got before that incident started on Boxing Day, and my next period was around 7 days late, while I was late I was very worried that I was pregnant so I took a pregnancy test, which came out negative, and the very next day I got a period, it was lighter than normal, but only very slightly. As soon as that ended though changes in my breasts occurred, my breasts actually swelled up after my period (normally this occurrs before a period but didnt this month) and they weren't painful... so again I got fearful that I was pregnant so I took yet another pregnancy test, which also came out negative.

My breasts have since returned to their normal size but as soon as they did that the soreness/sensitivity arrived, and I am to expect another period in the next week or so after 2 weeks of sore nipples, do I have any reason to be worried about being pregnant? Or what else could be the cause of this? I was starting to think it could be stress/anxiety but I wasn't aware of stress affecting ones breasts.

Any information/advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
 MidlandsMinx - Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:09 am

Update: I came on my period 3 days ago so I can pretty much rule out any chance of me being pregnant, any news on what my problem means?
 MidlandsMinx - Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:20 pm

Any news on my problem? I'm really rather worried.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here