Question: help please im so scared

Vexing Thoughts - Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:26 am

1. 17
2. male

Hi i don't know much about this site, but i really need some professional opions.
Ok lets get down to the gist of it. My girlfriends period has not come for almost 9 days now. Before her period was always punctual and ontime. However now i am starting to get worried because we have performed minor manual sex like fingering. But i never used the whole finger or anything, and i barely touched the surface of it. The whoel thing is that i am afraid that i may have some discharge of pre-cum or sperm on my finger or hands at the time of foreplay which may have impregnated my girlfriend. From the other sites i have scoped so far. I learned that it my sperm dies in contact with oxygen in a quick amount of time. And the most important thing of all, wen i touched her pussy, she had her panties on. So i was wondering if sperm can travel thru cloths? yes please respond as soon as possible. i am extremly nervous and apprehensive. We are going to go get a pregnancy test this saturday. any suggestions or comments. please??
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:03 am

User avatar Sperm can travel through clothing, however, it is rare.

It is normal for periods to occationally be late, and stress of worrying over the late period can cause it to be even later.

The best thing for you to do is get a pregnancy test. If it is negative, wait a week, and if there is still no period, retest or make an appt. with a gynecologist for an exam to determine the cause for the absence of menstration.
 Vexing Thoughts - Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:22 am

thanks for the reply, how late does it usually go? But the thing that worrys me is that my girlfriend never misses a period? She missed it this month after we "played around" on january 26th, her period was supposed to come on the 14th of feb but it still hasnt came. Is this a sign of pregnancy??
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:26 am

User avatar Of course, a missed period is a sign of pregnancy, but the odds of concieving in this way are very rare.

If you tell me the date of her last period, I can tell you what her fertile days are, which can give you an idea if she was even able to concieve at the time, btu keep in mind, that would just be an estimate, and you would still need a pregnancy test to confirm.
If she is this late, a pregnancy test at home should give you accurate results, you can pick one up at walmart, the Equate(generic) brand is very accurate.

Tell me exactly what happened. Did you touch your penis first? Did you have an ejaculate on your penis?
You touched her genitials but she had her panties on. No penatration?

As for your question, how late does it usually go, I assume you mean late periods. A missed period can is called Amenorrhea, and can last for several months, depending on the cause. Women can miss a month here and there, and be normal, anything more than that should be seen by a doctor to find out the cause, even stress related amenorrhea can last months. But pregnancy must be ruled out first.

Also, you provided your age, but what is the age of your girlfriend?
 Vexing Thoughts - Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:21 am

the date of her last period was on january 13-14. She is usually 1-3 days early. The thing that im scared of is that i may have touched my penis. but i never ejaculated. AT MOST i may have accidentakky swept by a lil pre cum while adjusting boxers. My girl friend is only 16 years old. NO we did not even come close to penetrating. So the thing im worried about is her missed period mainly. However the last month, she has been eating irregulary, like skipping lunch, or skippin breakfast and she has been sleeping alot later then usual around 1 every night instead of 11:30. please keep me posted.
 Vexing Thoughts - Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:31 am

usually her periods are 1-2 days early. please keep me posted.
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:19 pm

User avatar The chances of her getting pregnant are so small, I really do no think there is anything to worry about. If you did happen to get a teeny amount of preejaculate on your finger, sperm does not live for to long once it contacts air. Then the tiny amount of sperm on your finger would have to try to travel all the way through her panties, and find her vagina and swim all the way up to impregnate her. This is such a long journey, I doubt the little amount of sperm could have made it. But, It is still possible. Unfortunatly, You will still need a pregnancy test.
It would be to early for her to start having pregnancy symptoms yet.
 Vexing Thoughts - Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:49 pm

thanks alot for your replys. they are greatly appreciated. But i was wondering if yu are refering to the possible chance of impregnation on january 26 that i am talking about?
 Vexing Thoughts - Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:41 am

So the test read negative for both usage. Now it leaves me to wonder if i should take another test in a week or so? please respond. im still very paranoid and worried.
-andrew
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:52 am

User avatar Congratulations. Your probably safe. A pregnancy test would probably be accurate now.
If she does not recieve her period soon, she should make an appt. with the doctor to determine the cause.
 Vexing Thoughts - Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:26 am

thanks for the post but can yu give me some information about the early symptons. How early will they start to show up? And what do yu recommend us to do? since her period has not come for 2 weeks now and both the tests read negative. pleas respond. your help was/is greatly appreciated.!!
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:27 am

User avatar Well, symptoms begin to show up at different times for different women, but at 2 weeks after a missed period, right now, if she were pregnant, the fertilized egg would be implanting in the uterine wall. There may or may not be slight bleeding and cramping at that time. Some women experience no pregnancy symptoms, others feel very ill the entire pregnancy.
Frequent trips to the bathroom, and sore breasts are usually the first signs. UNfortunatly, pregnancy symptoms and menstrul symptoms are much alike, and are very hard to differientiate between.

I highly suggest she make an appt. with the doctor to find out why her period is so delayed.

I also want to stress to you how highly unlikely that she would become pregnant by the method you described, so I really do not think pregnancy is a possibility.

Even though you are not yet sexually active, since you are having more intimate contact with each other, and are worrying about pregnancy, it might be a good idea to ask the doctor abotu birth control options, so that in the future, you do not have this concern and worry.
 Vexing Thoughts - Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:22 pm

oohhh thanks for the replies. her period finally came yesterday. thanks alot. so i shouldnt have anything to worry about now after her period came right? yah thanks a million tho, yur replies have like alleviated my worries and anxious concerns.
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:31 pm

User avatar Her period came, the test was negative, your safe.
 Vexing Thoughts - Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:52 pm

1. 17
2. male
3. past diagnoses- we have been on the site before once, regarding a possible pregnancy.

http://www.doctorslounge.com/forums/vie ... hp?p=31244
that is the link to the last one.

Well, here i go again, me and my girlfriend have been abstinent since februrary 14th, but her period still has come yet. Her period came once on March 2nd, which was approxmiately 3 weeks late. Right now, her period has been off by around 1 day now, and her left boob hurts.
Any ideas, advice, suggestions?

|