News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Bump on Cervix

inthedark - Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:33 pm

Good evening! I am a 37 year old woman, have had two natural childbirths - one 10 years ago, and the other 5 years ago, was diagnosed with HPV (genital warts) when I was 19 and had a coposcopy to remove the warts, but have had clear Paps annually up to 2004 with no further issues. I have not had a Pap since 2004. Although my cervix shape has changed throughout the past 10 years, the last pregnancy tore my cervix a bit. The bump that I am able to feel is located on the top of the cervix right next to the "V" shaped dip of the original tear. The bump is very firm and the size of half a pencil eraser. This has appeared within the last 3 months. I have researched polyps (the "finger like" growth that come from within the cervix area) but this is right on the cervix - like one large round wart (for no better description). Although I have heard that the cervix constantly changes in shape through our lives, is this type of change normal? Thank you!
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:29 am

User avatar Hi inthedark,
A Narbothian cyst may arise on the cervix and are benign in nature. These are most common in women of reproductive age. An evaluation by your physician can determine if the etiology of what you feel is this condition or another factor. I would suggest that you have an evaluation.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here