Question: Bleeding - possible pregnancy?

jw20 - Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:23 pm

Thanks for your response to my last posting. If you don't remember me, I'm the one who sort of started to have sex with my finace. You said to keep you posted, so this is what happened. Today is march 10, 2006 and when I woke up this morning at 630, I went to the restroom and noticed there was a little bit of blood. I had started my period. Then, I went back to sleep and when I woke up later in the morning, there was nothing. It's now 430 pm and still nothing else. I thought I had started my period and I had such a feeling of relief, but I haven't had anything else since this morning. Is this a sign of pregnancy? Please respond, I'm pretty worried now. Thanks!
 jw20 - Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:38 pm

also, you said that based on a 28 day cycle from my last period(feb. 5th was the first day of my last period) you doubt im pregnant. I don't have the normal 28 day cycle.. for the past couple of months is been about 34 days.. for example, in january i started on jan. 3, then the first day of my next period was on feb. 5th. so based on that, when would my fertile days have been.? I just think its odd that i woke up this morning and my period was there.. then the rest of the day there was nothing.. would this have to do with wed. being the first time i had ever had a penis in me, even though he didnt ejaculate? I mean, would that be a reason my period is acting like this now?
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:55 pm

User avatar Even based on a 34 day cycle, the time of intercourse isn't a likely fertile time.

The little bit of bleeding you saw would not be a likely sign of pregnancy just yet. Implantation bleeding can be a sign of pregnancy, however, it is rare that it occurs, and implantation bleeding usually occurs about 10 days after intercourse. It would be to soon to have implantation bleeding just yet.
What happens is, the sperm has to travel all the way up the fallopian tube, meet an egg, fertilize it, then that egg has to travel back down and into the uterus. When that egg implants itself on the uterine wall, some women may experience a little bleeding when that happens, but it is rare.

What you are experiencing may just be the slow start of your period. I would give it until tomorrow and see if your period comes on heavier. Unfortunatly, taking a pregnancy test right now would not help, it would be to soon for a positive result. You need to wait at least another 2 weeks for an accurate result.

Keep in mind that stress can greatly alter a womens period. So please, try not to worry to much abouthis, or you may cause your period to be even later.

|