Question: I think that I may be pregnant.Will someone please help me?

92491 - Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:50 pm

I am a 15 year old female and I believe that I may be pregnant. I had sex with my boyfriend 12 days ago and he had two orgasms in me without any protection.I have been having large amounts of discharge from my vagina,lower back cramps,and I feel bloated especially at night.On rare occasion I have slight feeling that I am going to vomit and my breasts feel heavy. I was on the depo shot for 3 months before I had sex with him but I didn't know that the shot had already run out until 2 days after intercourse. I took a test about a week after I had sex and it was negative.Maybe I took it too soon?Is there any possible way that I am pregnant?I would really appriciate some help.
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:01 pm

A pregnancy test is a test that examine for a hormone called human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) that is positive when women are pregnant. The test can be done using blood or urine sample.
However, a blood test scan tell if the woman is pregnant or not few days (6-8 days) from ovulation and fertilization. The test can gives a clear answer for pregnancy, as well as an idea about the pregnancy duration in weeks by a quantitative analysis.

Testing for urine on the other hand, is better done one week after a missed period. One negative result (especially soon after a missed period) is not enough to exclude pregnancy and the test should be repeated there after or blood test is done. Some antibiotics and contraceptive pills interfere with the test and should be avoided.

The symptoms you have described although do occur in pregnancy, they are not specific and may occur due to several other causes even in stressed female.

You may either do a blood test or repeat your urine test as mentioned before.
Hope this information is useful.

|