News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   



Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Lost condom - inside me?

 ammgdt - Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:24 am

I am a 28 yr old female who recently had intercouse with my boyfriend. He has a rather large penis so we use the large size condoms. My question is he remained in me after orgasm and started to go limp and when he pulled out the condom was gone! We looked everywhere and my only conclusion was that it must be inside of me. Is this possible and what should i do? I feel no disscomfort or pain.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:28 am

User avatar This is very possible. If you are unable to locate the condom with your fingers I would recommend that you see your doctor for an examination. Occasionally a speculum exam is needed to locate and retrieve the condom.

Not having it removed can cause irritation and increased risk of developing an infection due to this.

Best wishes.


Check a doctor's response to similar questions


advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application


 advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)



Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2016
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information:
verify here.