Question: brown discharge after period?

snowboardsweetie - Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:51 pm

Hello.

I am a 20 yr old female. I have been with the same partner and on the pill for 2 years. I am on Balviza ( i believe.... generic for OvCon35) . I take my pills at one o clock every day and am very good about it. I did, however, take one late (4 o clock) on my last week of active pills because I had food poisoning and wasn't keeping anything down. That happened on a Wednesday. That Sunday I had a little spotting and then my period tried to start over my pills. I called my gyn and she told me to stop taking the rest of the active pills (there were 5 left) and make that week my period. I began a new pack this past Monday and when I took the pill, my period seemed to stop. Yesterday and today, I am still having discharge. It is a brownish color and there isn't too much. It seems to not come out until I wipe. Is this normal? Should I be concerned?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 pm

User avatar It is likely that you are experiencing some discharge of old blood that is remaining from your period.

If it continues for more than a few days you should see your gynecologist for an evaluation.

|