Question: Pregnacy bleeding

stacie - Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:56 pm

I had a baby 3 months ago and recently started to spot. I knew this was a sign of pregnancy so I took home pregnancy test and it came out positive. I think I am aroun 4 weeks. So I contacted my doctor and she had me go to a lab for a blood pregnancy test which also came out positive. I am high risk for ectopic pregnancies and am worried because I have been spotting now for 10 days and some times have red spotting. I do not have cramps and have not passed any clots which I was told to look out for. Is this normal and could it be an ectopic pregnacy?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:32 pm

User avatar Ectopic pregnancies can be very dangerous. As such, if there is concern for the possibility of an ectopic pregnancy I would recommend that you see your obstetrician as soon as possible.

Blood levels of HCG can be measured and sometimes can give a clue to an ectopic pregnancy. Ultrasound confirmation is really the best. If the baby is seen growing in the uterus you can breath easy.

|