Question: Bleeding and right side pain

3angels4me - Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:15 pm

I am a 36 year old female and a couple of weeks ago after having intercourse, I had some vaginal bleeding afterwords. This is the first time it ever happened.During intercourse one time I felt a very sharp pain and I thought maybe that was why I was bleeding some. The next time we had sex, there was very, very, very faint bleeding on the toilet paper afterwords, not really even noticeable except I was looking so closely for it. Now I am having pain on the right side, especially my lower back and up to just below my undearm. My stomach is also somewhat hurting. The back pain is always worse when I wake up in the morning. I have been diagnosed with PCOD and also gastritis problems and put on the drug Acifex. I am concerned about the bleeding and back pain, does anyone know what might be going on and if they are related??? Thanks!!!
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:42 pm

User avatar You may have strained one of the ligaments similar to spraining your ankle. The bleeding may be from a small tear in the mucosa of your vagina.

If your pain continues or if the bleeding does not improve you should see your gynecologist for an examination.

|