Question: Strange vaginal bleeding

sadeyes75 - Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:25 am

I am a 31 year old that has had 5 vaginal deliveries and 1 csection. After my csection, which was almost 3 years ago, I had my tubes tied also. Before my tubes were tied my periods were never regular but since I have had them tied there has been a couple of times that I have had spotting between periods. I never thought much about it but now it seems like I am bleeding all month long, especially after sex. It is enough that I have to wear a pad to keep it from getting on my clothes. I have pain in my lower right side in the area that would seem to be my ovary and I get sick at my stomach very easily. I am on no medication except for OTC vitamins. I do stay on my feet all day long for 12 hour shifts at a hospital. I am a phlebotomist. I don't really see how that could cause the bleeding though. This past time I bled for almost 3 weeks after sex before it finally quit. Oh, this isn't bright blood but a dark brown looking blood. Any ideas of what could be causing this? Thank you.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:34 pm

User avatar If you haven't seen your GYN recently, I would schedule a visit now. It is important that anything unusual like this be checked out. It may not be anything to worry about but it's better to be on the safe side. A woman in your age range should have annual exams. When you call for an appointment, tell them you are having symptoms so you won't have to wait too long to be seen. Peace of mind is important.

|