Question: Question about sore

starless - Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:04 pm

I have a very small sore on my vulva that sometimes bleeds. It is always in the same spot and usually appears sometime after my period. I have tested negative for stds but I never though it was one as it has been appearing since before I have been sexually active. There is a chance I have a small allergy to latex, I have heard of people being allergic to pads before. Could this be why it appears after my period? Any other possible reasons? Thank you.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:50 pm

User avatar It may be that you are alleric to the pads or possibly there is something causing friction against your skin that is irritating the area and causing the sore.

Another possiblity is that you have a blocked duct that may be leading to the sore's development.

I would recommend you see your gynecologist when the sore is present for an evaluation.

starless - Tue May 01, 2007 10:28 pm

Thanks a lot, I will do that. If it is a blocked duct, how would it be treated? Would it require any surgery?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed May 02, 2007 1:09 am

User avatar Often ducts will open spontaneously. If not, the duct can be lanced. This is usually an in-office procedure and is relatively simple.

starless - Thu May 17, 2007 8:48 pm

HI, I've booked an appointment for when it usually appears. Just a question though. Do STDs like Herpes usually appear in the exact same spot or bleed? Just curious. Thanks.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri May 18, 2007 3:29 pm

User avatar It would be a bit unusual to get herpes sore in the same place multiple times (but not impossible). Other STD's do not commonly cause recurrent blisters, especially in the same area.

One possible exception would be molluscum contagiosum, although these lesions do not tend to rapidly disappear and return.

Seeing your doctor will be helpful.

|