News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: AM I PREGNANT?

anjumol - Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:43 am

IAM 24 AGE A MARRIED WOMEN. NOW 4 MONTHS AFTER MY MARRIAGE. MY PERIOD IN FEBRUARY 2007 LMP FIRST DAY IS 10TH AND MARCH IS 16 TH AND NOW APRIL NO PERIOD TILL DAY. AM I PREGNANT? I FEEL BACK PAIN ALL TIMES. WHAT CAN I DO? please HELP.
 Nurse Executive - Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:51 pm

Anjumol,

If I understand your question correctly, your last menstrual period began March 16th. The range of normal time from period to period can be 22 to 40 days with some variation even beyond that. Your concern makes me think that perhaps your periods were more frequent in the past. Stress, even happy stress such as a new marriage, can cause one's period to be late or to "miss" a period. The pain in your back may or may not be related to your period being late. A late period is sometimes heavier than one that occurs earlier, and you may feel more symptoms such as back pain. Of course, there are numerous other possible reasons for back pain. Anytime during your childbearing years that you have unprotected intercourse, you can be pregnant, so no one can answer that for you without a test and / or examination. If you have not had a gynecological checkup for the last 12 months, I would encourage you to do so, and have your care provider answer all the questions you may have about this new time in your life. Also, if you have just began sexual activity, a gynecological appointment is in order for the same reasons. Good luck to you!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here