Question: regular periods then not (possible miscarriage?)

Anj1210 - Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:10 am

My periods since November have been as follows:
November - Began 16th, lasted 6 days
December - Began 18th, lasted 4 days
January - Began 17th, lasted 6 days
February - Began 18th, lasted 6 days.
THEN in March I was late... It didn't start till the 24th and it lasted for 5 days. It also smelled REALLY bad, literally like something dead.
I have a couple questions, they they're all pertinent to the same thing.
#1- Is there a possibility I could have been pregnant and miscarried, but just chalked it up to my period because it would have been so early on?
#2- I just barely started my April one, on the 25th. Will this start my new schedule or will it go back to the 16th-18th because that's what I am normal?
#3- Is it just coincidence or is there something to the fact that, when I'm close, my periods always seem to start the day after I have sex, usually only if I actually have the big "O" though.

Any help would be great. Thanks!
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:56 pm

User avatar It is very possible you had a miscarriage and thought it was just a normal period. Its actually rather common for a woman to miscarry very early on in a pregnancy, and never know she was pregnant.
It is also not a coincidance that you start soon after having an orgasm. The contractions caused by an orgasm can cause a period to start.
Your periods may be a little abnormal if you have had a miscarriage, but I would count 28 days from the start of this peoriod and assume that is when the next period will come., although it may be a little later or eariler.

Good luck

|