News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: Unprotected sex with two partners - who is the father?

ammedle - Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:56 am

Hi im 36 years old and have a problem. I just found out im pregnant. My last period started on March 26 and lasted three days. I had unprotected sex on March 31&april 5 with one guy and had unprotected sex with another on April 8th who may b the father? Partner A or B
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:00 pm

User avatar Unfortunately there is not an easy answer here. You could have been fertile during the time frame that covered both the 8th and 14th. The reason it is hard to say is that not everyone ovulates at exactly the 14th day. If you have regular menstrual cycles between 26 and 32 days, your most likely ovulation date would be April 9 making intercourse on the 8th the most likely conception. Sperm can live in the fallopian tubes up to five days. But eggs do not last so long (around 12 to 24 hours). Again, since you don' t know exactly when you ovulated, you can't be sure which it is. Only paternity testing later could most certainly verify who is the father.

I hope this helps, even if it doesn't give you a definite answer. Good luck.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here