Question: black vaginal spot?

unigirl21 - Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:32 pm

I am 21 years old and have been sexually active for two years. When i was 17 i noticed a black spot on my vaginal lip that grew over a period of 4 days and then disappeared (at this point i was not sexually active at all) When i was 20 i had a brief check up just to make sure everything was normal this was just a visual examination of the outside of the vagina by a female doctor that informed me everything was fine and healthy. Then about a month ago i found a tiny black spot barely noticeable on my vaginal wall that disappeared within 2 days and have had no reoccuring episodes since. I just wanted to check whether i should be worried about the past episodes?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:24 pm

User avatar You may have been noticing some areas of irritated skin or changes in skin pigmentation. Usually pigment issues would not resolve so fast.

Another possibility is that the area has some capillaries near the skin that are pooling blood and giving a dark appearance.

I suspect is it nothing to be concerned about but if it returns you may want to have your doctor evaluate it while you have the spot to see if it is anything that needs treatment.

|