Question: Right Iliac Fossa lymph node???

Abbydabbydo - Tue May 01, 2007 3:26 am

Hi there,
Can you please tell me what the following means on a pelvic ultrasound report. "A solitary lymph node is present in the RIF and measures 26 mms in diameter"
Is this something to worry about or perfectly normal? Should I return to my Doctor with the results?
Thanks,
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:40 pm

User avatar It is likely nothing that needs to be worried about. Lymph nodes can be enlarged for a variety of reasons. Most of the time it is in response to a recent infection.

It is likely that your doctor will recommend that it be followed up at some point in the future (a few months or so) to see if it is changing or getting bigger. If it is a biopsy may be needed. If it isn't, there is most likely nothing to worry about.

|