Question: Pregnancy???

revakasha - Wed May 09, 2007 12:14 am

I am a 25 year old female. I have been pregnant 3 times the first time I was 16 and on the pill I never ever missed a pill because I did not want to get pregnant and one day I made a mistake and had unprotected sex with my then boyfriend in the second week of Sep I started bleeding in the middle of my pills. When I was 18 I was not on anything and when I was 20 I was on Depo.
My question is Why did the doctors not know I was preagnant any of these times? When I was sixteen I went to the doctor and she said I was not preagnant because the test said so and in Dec. on the 2nd I had a miscarriage of twins(so the doctor's said) when I was 18 I was still having a cycle as I did the last time and they told me I was not pregnant until I was get this 16week (4mos.) on the same day I had the miscarriage last time and I had this baby then when I was 20 they told me I was not pregnant again but I then had another miscariage at 4 months.

Please help me understand how they did not know even after I told them I have been through this before?

P.S. I also took home PT and they all said negative they say that until I get 6 months along.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed May 09, 2007 5:51 pm

User avatar I can't definitively answer your question; however, I am aware of case reports of women that have low levels of hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) in their urine as compared to "normal standards". Because of this, these women will test negative using urine pregnancy tests for longer than typical.

I do not know why this is the case. In your case, the low hormone levels may be tied to the miscarriages.

You may wish to talk with a Reproductive/Infertility endocrinologist. These are obstetricians that have specifically trained in infertility and reproductive hormonal problems.

revakasha - Mon May 14, 2007 3:47 pm

Thank you for the information but I have a son and it was brought to my attention that my mother went through the same thing with us and she has 3 kids and 1 miscarriage, 1 abortion. so I guess it is hereditary.

|