Question: Pregnancy Symptoms and Nuvaring

jules2653 - Wed May 09, 2007 9:19 am

I am a 26 yr old female. I had a c-section 18 months ago. My daughter was a big baby and she was my first child. I am on adderall, albuterol, and I was on the nuvaring. For 4 months on the ring, I didn't have any side effects. In the fifth month of use, a week before my period, my breasts started throbbing. Then I noticed that I have been urinating more frequently, have severe cramps, and mood swings. When I got my period, it was only spotting and was brown and the cramps were severe. I didn't put the ring back in to rule out side effects. I went to my doctor and she said" I can tell you it's the ring." Then she suggested the mirena. I have take home pregnancy tests that were negative. My concern is that she didn't even have me take a blood test just to be on the safe side. Around four months of use, I was having side effects and she said that it wasn't the ring. Should I ask for a test?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed May 09, 2007 2:04 pm

User avatar I'm sorry, I don't know what kind of test you are referring to. Do you mean a blood test to check for pregnancy? The urine is just as accurate, just not reliable as early as the blood test so 5 weeks after your last period a urine pregnancy test should be correct. Let us know if we aren't understanding your question.
 jules2653 - Wed May 09, 2007 2:49 pm

I'm sorry. I mean't should I request a blood test? I haven't take a recent urine test in the last week and a half. It has been 3.5 weeks since the strange spotting.

|