News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: Could pregnancy be possible?

Kassinater82987 - Sat May 12, 2007 10:13 pm

I am a 19 year old female. I experienced sex for the first time almost one week ago. I didn't want to have sex, but my boyfriend pushed his penis into me anyway. It was only inside of me for like maybe 3 minutes, and as soon as I felt it, I pushed him off of me. After I pushed him away, he "finished" himself with his hand and caught all of the ejaculatory fluid in his hand, and then got rid of it. I fixed my clothes and none of that touched me in any way. Since Sunday night when this happened all I have done is cry and research everything I could think of. I learned about a pre-ejaculatory fluid that seeps out randomly before the actual ejaculation occurs, and that there is a possibility of sperm being present in that fluid if the guy had experienced an ejaculation within the 72 hours prior. I talked to my boyfriend about it, and he said that he had not. I would like to know if there is a possibility that I might be pregnant. I would also like to know all the risks and possibilities and options that I have in either situation. Within this week I have started experiencing the normal sympptoms that I usually have before I start my period: breast tenderness, small cramps, irritability, tiredness, etc. I should be starting my period within the coming week. There was no contraceptive methods used at all (except for the "pull out"). I did not consent to this improper misuse of sex. Please help, thank you.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun May 13, 2007 7:46 pm

User avatar In general, your risk of pregnancy is low based on a few reasons but not zero. There is often some sperm in the pre-ejaculatory fluid. The amount is low so pregnancy from solely this fluid is unlikely but again, possible.

Also, based on your menstrual cycle, if you are less than one week from starting your period it is unlikely that you are currently "fertile". Generally, roughly speaking, the week after the start of your period and the week before are less fertile and the middle two weeks are more fertile. (Don't base a rhythm method of contraception on these estimates.)

If you do not start your period as expected you should take a pregnancy test.

Also, incidents such as you are describing can be very traumatic to deal with emotionally. If you find yourself having trouble I strongly recommend you see a counselor or talk to someone you trust about it. Sometimes just having someone to talk to can make things so much better.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here