Question: Bleeding with iud

sweet_baby - Mon May 14, 2007 5:36 pm

I am 23 yeard old female and had an iud placed in November/06...i had abnormal bleeding the first month but since then i was fine...but last month i have been spotting every day...the spotting is like the first day of your period...Could it be related to my iud or is it something more serious and shoulde be worried abt? Thanks so much for your help.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon May 14, 2007 5:43 pm

User avatar Many women do experience spotting with the IUD so it could very well be related to that. If you have no other symptoms of concern, my guess would be this is the cause and it would be considered within the normal limits.